Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Just get the ticket!

Yesterday whilst on my way from work to the train I entered the Central Station country link platforms as per usual. I came through the archway near the light rail stop and overhead a young girl yelling to her friend these words:

“200 Bucks. Are fucking kidding?! 200 fucking bucks from those arseholes”

Upon glancing at the gate I caught sight of the “arseholes” she was talking about – Transit Officers.

Now I admit that you can give anyone a uniform and all of a sudden they think they are Colonel Klink, and that these guys are usually ADF or Police drop-outs/reject with a point to prove but when it comes down to it anonymous girl, you didn’t buy a fucking ticket.

I’m sure you could have scrounged together the cash out of your Louis Vutton hand bag that you had to pay the initial fare and then this whole mess could have been avoided. A simple visit to the ticket machine would have saved your anger and saved you $200, but you ran the gauntlet and lost. Yes you have a right to be angry but only at yourself.

It pisses me off that you have to make a big deal out of something that you could have avoided. Grow up and deal with it.

Disclaimer/s:


- I admit some people legitimately cannot get train tickets due to ticket machine malfunctions/being broke etc
-    Some guards have not on ounce of compassion to anyone with a heartbeat
-    I have also caught public transport but understood if i got caught so be it, my fault
-    I couldn’t see if the bag was a fake or not
-    I am probably making a gross exaggeration when i say “she looked like she could afford the fine” but hey that’s my opinion
-    My friend Cazperz has shared her experience in which she was down by fiddy cent and the Transit officer emptied her whole travel ten then fined her! Now that’s a reason to be angry!

No comments:

Post a Comment