Friday, January 21, 2011

My adventure in buying sandals

Less than 2 weeks ago I purchased a pair of sandals, I haven't owned a pair since I was a kid and I figured it would be a nice way to "girly" up my summer dresses I recently bought instead of always wearing my Vans. Now, there are a number of things that made me go a mild green colour, some may even say the colour of the Jalapeno Tabasco which goes great in Salsa’s by the way!

Before I made the commitment to actually buy these shoes I was more or less “window” shopping on my lunch break to see if there were any nice simple shoes among all the horrid half thong, half boots or whatever it is you want to call them. Then I stumbled upon these plain but cute sandals and saw the price tag of $10.00, what a bargain I hear you say? I agree. Although I am the kind of person who needs a second opinion to make sure they suit me and to make sure I will not be made fun of with the likes “Legging Girl”.

So the very next day, I go to a more local shopping centre and get that second opinion I so hopelessly desired only to find at this same store but different locality the Sandals were $15.00. Now I thought to myself, why would I pay $15.00 for these when I just saw them for $10.00?  So I had in my mind, come Monday on my lunch break I will get those shoes and I will only pay $10.00.

Monday 1:30pm comes around I go back to that store and I am determined to buy these shoes, I try them on for the last time to make sure they still look nice, they looked nice the first and second time so why wouldn’t they the third? Now as if this doesn’t already make me want to Turn Into The Hulk, whenever I buy shoes it is a must that I try on the left shoe as my left foot is slightly bigger than my right foot, which is what I did in this instance. I had selected the ones I wanted, looked at the tag and the red sale sticker had been removed… They were now $15.00. I could’ve just bought them on the weekend! I buy then anyway.

I get home that night and decide to finally try them both on with one of my dresses and they look so cute, but for some reason the right one is quite loose, to the point where I walked and they would slip of my heel. I blamed it on the fact I was walking like a penguin as the tags and string were still intact. Now these just sat in my closet until the following Saturday.

Saturday comes, I’m going out even if it is just to be a Mall Rat, it’s hot outside so I’ve got a summer dress on and I think this is a great opportunity to wear my new sandals…. I’ve cut the string and the tags and I’m about to walk down the stairs to the car and the right one is still slipping like crazy. I didn’t think my left foot was that much bigger. I play around with the backing a little only to realise, it is very poorly made and I may need some shoe glue and my sewing kit to fix it.

Another 4 days go by; I’m now going on a trip to get some groceries and decide to finally wear them out. Before we got to the shops, we decided to drop into my Mums to see Roodiger. (My Mum’s dog) Walk across the road and into the house; they are very loose and annoying. Walk back out of the house and they break going down the driveway. Driving to the shops I’m complaining at what an outrage that is, had the shoes for less than 2 weeks, actually wear them once and they break. And then I realised, I’ve had these shoes for less than 2 weeks, I can return them. Which I thought to be able to return them they would have to look unworn so I walked through a car park and supermarket with no shoes and walking on my tippy toes to avoid my whole foot catching some horrible disease.

I race up the stairs and put them in my work bag, now all I had to find was the receipt. I pretty much turned the entire house upside down trying to find it and I knew I had not thrown it out and yup you guessed it… it was the last place I looked. (Well of course it was because if I had found it earlier I would not have been still looking) Anyway it was in the most obvious place, which frustrated me even more, ranting and mumbling to myself.

Now the last bit to this tale, I didn’t realise it would be such a long tale to begin with, but I’m a sucker for detail. I’ve got the shoes and the receipt in my work bag to return. I go to the shop on my lunch break and ask for an exchange (no refund cause I really liked them) I try on a pair in the same size, make sure I try on both Right and Left this time. I take them to the counter and say I’d like to get these ones. As she is typing away doing the exchange, she tells me “a lot of people have returned them because they have broken” Wow what a boost of confidence that this pair will be any better! She then finishes up with of course the “positive” spin about the product saying “yeah some will only last a couple of weeks and some will last a life time”

Heres to hoping I got the pair that is deemed to last a life time!

Green Splat out xoxo

P.s. Reading over this, maybe I’m just addicted to Ragohol!

No comments:

Post a Comment